Our local server run on HTTP protocol. Then how will you work with facebook APIs where you need secured protocol now to work with APIs. Well its very easy to configure WAMP for ssl. Follow the steps below and you are done with it.
- Left click on wamp icon in taskbar in windows and go to apache->apache modules and select ssl_module.
- Left click on wamp icon again. php->php extensions. Select php_openssl.
- Most important restart your wamp and you are done.
For those who want to configure by editing file do the following.
- Open httpd.conf in apache->conf folder.
- Uncomment the line saying or write ‘LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so’ minus the quotes(‘).
- Uncomment the line php.ini file in apache folder ‘extension=php_openssl.dll’ minus quotes(‘).
- Save the doument and restart apache.
Configuring php for ssl is done by editing php.ini.
- Open the php.ini in PHP folder.
- Uncomment the line ‘extension=extension=php_openssl.dll’.
- Save it restart the server.